Summertime means gathering with family, friends and coworkers for get-togethers or to travel to interesting places. Many people find this a great time to get their teeth whitened to make their smiles glow! We are pleased to offer teeth whitening for our patients at Valley View Dental. You can choose between our in-office whitening treatment, Opalescence Boost™ or one of our two take-home options, Opalescence custom trays and Opalescence Go™ pre-loaded whitening trays!
Teeth Whitening Maintenance
Our teeth whitening treatments remove unsightly yellow or dark tooth stains so you can be proud to share your enhanced smile with confidence. Once you have whitened your teeth, you’ll want to take some simple steps to maintain your smile’s sparkling glow:
- Take a moment to brush your teeth or rinse them well right after you eat or drink.
- Drink plenty of water to keep you hydrated, prevent dry mouth and keep your teeth and gums moist for optimal health.
- If you like your tea, coffee or wine but don’t want the tooth discoloration that comes with them, use a straw when drinking them.
- Use a teeth whitening toothpaste daily to keep their whitened shine.
- Remember to floss every day to remove teeth-staining dental plaque between teeth and around the gum line.
- Keep your scheduled routine dental cleanings so we can get rid of any hardened plaque and polish your teeth to help your whitening effects last their longest.
How Oral Hygiene Helps
You always want to practice excellent oral hygiene whether you whiten your teeth or not. This helps keep your smile healthy so it can more effectively resist unsightly tooth stains! Brushing and flossing as recommended means your teeth will stay their healthiest because when dental plaque is left to build up on the teeth it can quickly harden, making it more difficult to remove. Hardened plaque leads to tooth decay and gum disease. You can also boost your daily brushing and flossing routine by rinsing with an antibacterial mouthwash to reach plaque hiding in the back of the mouth between teeth.
If you want your teeth to look their best, a teeth whitening treatment can quickly help you get the look you want. Our dentists are pleased to offer effective professional whitening treatments to give your smile a much-needed boost. Once you have your teeth whitened, just follow the tips above to keep them that way!
To learn more about teeth whitening or to schedule a visit to one of our practices near you, please give us a call! We love helping patients in Romeoville, Naperville, and Montgomery, Illinois, as well as the surrounding suburbs to achieve their best smiles!