Cosmetic Dentist Serving Romeoville, Naperville, & Montgomery, IL Area
People choose cosmetic dentistry procedures/surgery for various reasons—to repair a defect such as a malformed bite or crooked teeth, treat an injury, or just improve their overall appearance. Whatever the reason, the ultimate goal is to restore a beautiful smile.
For these and many other reasons, cosmetic dentistry has become a vital and important part of the dental profession. Valley View Dental specializes in restoring smiles in our Naperville and Romeoville dental offices.
Common cosmetic dental procedures can be performed to correct misshaped, discolored, chipped or missing teeth. They also can be used to change the overall shape of teeth—from teeth that are too long or short, have gaps, or simply need to be reshaped.
You should consider visiting a cosmetic dentist if you have teeth that are:
- Heavily stained from smoking, coffee or medication use
- Broken or damaged from trauma or injury
- Crooked or poorly aligned from genetics
- Badly shaped or uneven from age-related wear
- Gapped or spaced apart from genetics
- Cracked or chipped from overuse
Some of the more common cosmetic dental procedures involve:
- Dental whitening treatments- designed to whiten teeth up to 8 shades with a convenient take-home treatment, or a speedy office treatment that takes about an hour
- Dental veneers- usually made of porcelain and placed over front teeth; veneers are thin laminates used to correct uneven, unsightly front teeth and mask defects to create a perfect smile
- Dental bonding- using a tooth-colored resin material called composite; bonding can close small gaps between teeth, change the color and the shape of teeth
- Contouring and reshaping- to cosmetically straighten or improve teeth that are chipped, cracked, overlapping or badly aligned; contouring and reshaping is often performed along with dental bonding
- Cosmetic fillings- using composite, these fillings can be matched perfectly to your existing tooth color, making them virtually invisible; they can be used to replace unsightly, bulky metal fillings
Which techniques should be used to improve your smile? A dental exam will take many factors into consideration, including your overall oral health. Call our Naperville and Romeoville offices to schedule your smile makeover!
Interested in Cosmetic Dentistry services from Valley View Dental?
Call our Romeoville, Naperville, or Montgomery, IL office today!
Romeoville: (815) 372-0100
Naperville: (630) 904-5600
Montgomery: (630) 923-0900